Monday, March 21, 2011

Kylee’s surgery at Primary on March 8th

Here is our little Kylee on her way home from surgery at Primary Children's. For those that don’t know she had a Urital tubal realignment. Kylee wasn’t what you would call sick though. This surgery prevented her from having serious kidney damage which if it was not caught and taken care it could have become fatal. I have an aunt who had a kidney transplant because of this same urital problem. Needless to say Jared and I are so thankful for modern medicine. That we have the technology to catch something like this before it’s becomes a major problem. The surgery went about as smooth as it possible could. While we were waiting while Kylee was in surgery there was another couple sitting by us in the waiting room. Their 4 year old daughter was having part of her liver taken out, part of her diaphragm, and a full kidney removed all because of cancer. It broke my heart! I felt so helpless. I wish I could of done or said something to comfort this little family. My prayers and love go out to their family.


This is me and Kylee coloring while we wait for her surgrey.

Love, love, love this picture!!! We have such a fun silly girl! I love how Kylee is always’ aways, always HAPPY!!! : ]

4 comments:

Beth said...

Topaz! I'm so glad you're blogging again! I'm glad that surgery went well for Kylee. That was probably really scary for you. I hope it's all going okay for you in Kuna. It looks like you're doing well. Cute bangs by the way. I miss you!

Anonymous said...

What a brave girl!! Love you bunches!! Love G&G Lau xoxox

Jared and Topaz Lau said...

Beth,
I know we haven't blogged in a while. It's nice to give everybody a update.Yes it was scary to have my baby in surgery, and not all at the same time. She did good :) Loving Kuna! You could finish up at BSU U know?? LOL! Just teasing.Hope you all has been well your way. Miss ya! If you ever make it this way come visit:) Love Topaz

Nancy and Woody said...

Topaz, good to see your blog. Your kds are beautiful! And, you of course, are gorgeous!!